- About Stone Harbor
- Client Portal
- Contact Us
We are true value investors — focusing on in-depth fundamental credit analysis — and have delivered results over multiple market cycles.
We believe successfully investing in leveraged loans requires specialized experience to identify potential opportunities across industries and companies in our investable universe.
We aim to effectively use the skills developed over decades of investing in companies with highly leveraged balance sheets to achieve competitive performance while managing downside risk.
Our experience in dealing with highly leveraged capital structures and our breadth of access to the leveraged loan and high yield markets give us valuable insights. Our investment selection is based on the following processes:
- In-depth fundamental credit research performed by industry specialists
- Transaction structure analysis focused on covenants and collateral to mitigate downside risk
- Risk management techniques structured to assess significant price volatility
As secured lenders, we invest in companies with transparent enterprise value and a proven record of financial performance, emphasizing balance sheet strength and positive cash flow. We focus on loans that have liquidity in the secondary market and construct our loan portfolios to be diversified across corporate borrowers and industry segments.
Flexible in addressing client needs, we offer leveraged loans as a stand-alone portfolio or as a component of our High Yield or Multi-Sector Allocation strategies.
We focus on balance sheet strength, positive cash flow and liquidity in building our actively managed leveraged loans strategy. In constructing loan portfolios diversified across borrowers and industries, we:
- Determine relative value through in-depth qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Perform rigorous fundamental credit research and quantitative analysis
- Strive to minimize credit losses while capturing the upside from various market dislocations
- First lien secured leveraged loans
- Second lien leveraged loans
Strategy Inception Date: