- About Stone Harbor
- Press Room
- Client Portal
- Contact Us
Code of Stewardship / SRD II Disclosure Code of Stewardship / SRD II Disclosure
Code of Stewardship
Stone Harbor does not currently comply with the Code of Stewardship for the following reason:
- We do not currently invest in listed companies in the UK.
Should this factor change, we will review our commitment to the Code of Stewardship at that time and make appropriate disclosure.
Shareholder Rights Directive II
The revised Shareholder Rights Directive (“SRD II”) applies to EU asset managers, including MIFID investment firms, alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs), UCITS management companies and self-managed UCITS (“Asset Managers”), from 10 June 2019. Under SRD II, Asset Managers are required to adopt on a “comply or explain” basis an engagement policy describing how an asset manager integrates in its investment strategy shareholder engagement relating to companies that have a registered office in the EU and are listed on EU regulated markets (“EU investee companies”). For entities regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), the FCA has further expanded the scope of SRD II to cover to investee companies whose shares are admitted to trading on a regulated market in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including overseas companies with a secondary listing in the EEA, as well as to investee companies whose share are listed “on a comparable market outside the EEA”.
The Stone Harbor entities (“Stone Harbor Asset Managers”) listed below are considered to be Asset Managers under SRD II and are required to comply with SRD II, as implemented and enforced by the FCA or the Central Bank of Ireland, as applicable to that entity.
- Stone Harbor Investment Partners (UK), LLP (MIFID firm authorised and regulated in the UK by the FCA. Registered in England and Wales, NO. OC317789. Registered office: 48 Dover Street, London W1S 4FF, England.)
- Stone Harbor Investment Partners (AIFM) LLP (AIFM authorised and regulated in the UK by the FCA. Registered in England and Wales, NO. OC398371. Registered office: 48 Dover Street, London W1S 4FF, England.)
- Stone Harbor Investment Partners Limited (authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland to act as a UCITS management company and an AIFM. Reference Number: C182357. Registered Office: Ten Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, Ireland.) Not yet active as of June 10, 2019.
- Stone Harbor Investment Funds plc (authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland as an Undertaking for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS). Reference Number: C44560. Registered Office: Ten Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, Ireland.)
Please note that no Stone Harbor Asset Manager actively invests as a material part of its investment strategy or strategies in the shares of EU or EEA investee companies. In general, each Stone Harbor Asset Manager only expects to hold shares in EU or EEA investee companies as an investment ancillary to, or as a result of, a credit investment. On this basis, each Stone Harbor Asset Manager has determined that it is not necessary or appropriate to adopt an engagement policy for the purposes of SRD II. Each Stone Harbor Asset Manager shall periodically review its investment strategies to determine whether its investment activities have changed to the extent that the entity should adopt an engagement policy under SRD II.
For further details on any of the above information, please contact Paul Timlin.