- About Stone Harbor
- Press Room
- Client Portal
- Contact Us
Stone Harbor’s Long-Standing Commitment to Leadership in ESG Investing
Throughout Stone Harbor’s history, we have striven to be at the forefront of ESG risk assessment
We have been proactive in our efforts to monitor, manage, and minimize ESG risks:
- Developed a proprietary framework for inclusion of ESG factors into our fundamental investment process in EMD.
- Conducted extensive quantitative research into the impact of ESG factors on EMD returns.
- Engaged with corporate and sovereign issuers on ESG risks and their impact on credit worthiness and sustainability.
- Supported global initiatives to promote ESG investing:
– In 2012, Stone Harbor became a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), and as a signatory we report annually on our responsible investment activity through the PRI’s Reporting Framework. Our PRI Transparency Report is publicly disclosed on the PRI website.
– In 2016, Stone Harbor signed the PRI Statement on ESG in Credit Ratings , which we hope will enhance systematic and transparent consideration of ESG factors in the assessment of creditworthiness by credit rating agencies.
– In 2017, Stone Harbor became an investor signatory to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP). The CDP, leveraging its signatories and members combined clout as investors, runs a global disclosure system that enables companies, cities, states and regions to measure and manage their environmental impact.
ESG factors should be regarded as integral components of thorough credit analysis and sustainability. As such, throughout Stone Harbor’s history, we have continuously researched new sources of information that add value in the analysis of all risks including ESG. This process is ongoing and as a result, we are confident that we are able to monitor, manage and minimize specific ESG risks from our portfolios in furtherance of our commitment to responsible investment for our clients and seek to achieve our objectives of producing excellent risk-adjusted returns for them.